Sesame Mousse Puff
Tired of regular puffs? Why don't you try Sesame Mousse Puff? The crispy one is even better!
- 2 pcs Egg Yolk
- 30g Granulated Sugar
- 60g Milk
- 120g Cream
- 1 sheet Gelatin
- 80g FuFann Sesame Paste
- 63g Water
- 1g Salt
- 38g Butter
- 50g Bread Flour
- 90g Eggs
- In a bowl, fill with iced water and soak the gelatin sheet until soft.
- Heat the granulated sugar and egg yolk using a double boiler.
- Stir the mixture of Step 2 with a mixer until slight bubbly.
- Add the milk into the egg mixture slowly while keep stirring. When the mixture gets properly thick, stop heating.
- Add sesame spread into the mixture and stir well.
- Add the softened gelatin to the mixture and stir until well blended.
- Whip the cream to the level of 60% to 70%.
- Add the whipped cream into the mixture separately and stir well between each addition.
- When the mixture is well blended, the sesame mousse is ready to serve.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the water, salt and butter to the boil.
- Add the bread flour and stir until the mixture comes together and pulls away easily from the sides of saucepan. Put the mixture in a steel pot.
- Stir the mixture with a paddle, add the eggs separately and stir well between each addition.
- Add the eggs and stir until the batter gets properly thick (which means you may not use all of the eggs)
- Stir the batter until it is smooth and firm enough to remain a glossy triangle when the paddle is lifted.
- Fill the pastry bag with the batter. On a baking tray, squeeze the batter into puff balls of 3cm diameter and leave 3cm distance between each ball.
- Put the baking tray in an oven at 180°C /200°C for 15 minutes.
- Take the tray out, turn it around and bake in an oven at 200°C /150°C for another 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove the puffs from the tray and let them cool at room temperature. Fill the puffs with sesame mixture you prepared earlier.
❤️ ❤️ If you make this dessert, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #FuFann. I'd love to see what you cook!