The popular burst custard puff, crispy outside and tasty Custard Paste inside, is the office ladies’ number one choice. Can you hold yourself not to eat it?
- 30g Water
- 1g Salt
- 38g Butter
- 50g Bread Flour
- 90g Egg
- 10g FuFann Custard Paste
- 10g Cake Flour
- 5g Corn Flour
- 25g Granulated Sugar
- 1pc Egg
- 125g Milk
- Bring the water, salt and butter to the boil. Add the bread flour and stir until the batter is well blended and can be pulled away easily from the sides of bowl.
- Pour the batter to the mixer and stir. Add the egg separately and check the soft of batter when adding the egg. (Which means you may not use all of the eggs)
- Stir the batter until it is smooth and firm enough to remain a glossy triangle when the paddle is lifted.
- Fill the pastry bag with the batter. On a baking tray, squeeze the batter into puff balls of 3cm diameter and leave 3cm distance between each ball.
- Baking for 15 minutes at 180°C /200°C.
- Take the tray out, turn it around and bake in an oven at 200°C /150°C for another 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove the puffs from the tray and let them cool at room temperature.
- Custard Method: Heat the milk to warm degree.
- Pour the egg and sugar in a large bowl and stir until well blended, the mix sift cake flour and corn flour until well combined.
- Pour the milk in to mixture and stir well.
- Heat the mixture by small fire and stir constantly avoid burning.
- Turn off the fire when the mixture is getting creamy and leave the stove.
- Mix FuFann Custard Paste and stir quickly until well combined.
- Fill the pastry bag with the custard cream and squeeze to the puff, then the custard puff is ready for serve.
❤️❤️ If you make this dessert, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #FuFann. I'd love to see what you cook!