What's better than a Chocolate Puff for Valentine's Day?
Chocolate Cream Ingredients
- 80g Cream
- 60g Chocolate spread
- 63g Water
- 1g Salt
- 38g Butter
- 50g Bread flour
- 90g Egg
Chocolate Cream Method
- Pour the cream in a large bowl and stir until well blended.
- Add the chocolate spread and stir until well combined. Place the mixture in the fridge for later use.
- In a saucepan, heat the water, salt and butter to the boil.
- Add the bread flour and stir until the mixture is well blended and can be pulled away easily from the sides of saucepan. Place the mixture in a steel pot.
- Stir the mixture with a paddle, add the eggs separately and stir well between each addition.
- Add the eggs and stir until the batter gets properly thick (which means you may not use all of the eggs)
- Stir the batter until it is smooth and firm enough to remain a glossy triangle when the paddle is lifted.
- Fill the pastry bag with the batter. On a baking tray, squeeze the batter into puff balls of 3cm diameter and leave 3cm distance between each ball.
- Place the baking tray in an oven at 180°C /200°C for 15 minutes.
- Take the tray out, turn it around and bake in an oven at 200°C /150°C for another 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove the puffs from the tray and let them cool at room temperature. Fill the puffs with chocolate cream mixture you prepared earlier.
❤️ ❤️ If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #FuFann. I'd love to see what you cook!